Pre-sale question about Kunena Forum URL structure and ElasticSearch

More
1 year 8 months ago #1722 by Derek
Hello

I recently upgraded from Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4.1.5, and in the process have installed many new Joomla 4 compatible plugins.
My website has a large Kunena Forum attached to it and that generates most of the traffic for my site.
Due to the nature of my site and forum, I need a really good search engine.
I use to use a Custom Google Search box to act as the search tool for my site and forum.
After I upgraded to Joomla 4, I turned on Joomla Smart Search, however the search results are producing the wrong type of URLs that are not the same as the actual URLs Google shows in search results.
Joomla Smart Search is indexing all my Kunena forum URLs like this:
www.moviestudiozen.com/ component/kunena/vegas-pro/3053-vegas-pro-render-settings-help/15295

However, I need the search index to produce URLs like this instead:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/3...-settings-help/15295

Will ElasticSearch index Kunena forum URLs identically to what my site produces ?

I did go directly to your own site  www.joomlageek.com/ and can see that ElasticSearch is doing exactly what I want, however I just wanted to make sure this is correct before buying your ElasticSearch Component.

Regards
Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1723 by Thanh Nguyen
Hi Derek,

Yes, Geek ElasticSearch can resolve this issue of Kunena Router, it can create SEF urls when Kunena's items indexed.Please note that Geek ElasticSearch component uses Elasticsearch ( www.elastic.co/what-is/elasticsearch ) as a search engine.So you will have to configure component to connect with Elasticsearch service first in order to get the search module work.You can follow forum thread below for more information, please let me know if you have any further questions:
www.joomlageek.com/forum/component-geek-...572-quickstart-guide

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek

More
1 year 8 months ago #1725 by Derek
Thank you for your detailed reply.
I do appreciate that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thanh Nguyen

More
1 year 8 months ago #1726 by Thanh Nguyen
You're welcome :)

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer