AMP Compatiblity / fall back?

More
5 years 9 months ago #907 by David McCreary
Are ANY of your slideshows compatible with AMP Carousel tags/function? Carousel uses an external javascript file:
cdn.ampproject.org/v0/amp-carousel-0.1.js

But otherwise strips out javascript. The code itself to create image carousels is very easy, but it would be GREAT to have a component that has an AMP compatible fall back.

Ignite Gallery and Unite Slide do NOT support an AMP fallback at this point. Perhaps you could be the first ? No one appears to have done one for either Joomla or Wordpress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #910 by Thanh Nguyen
Hello David,

Thank you for your suggestion.
We will check how AMP plugins work, and try to update our Geek Camera Slideshow module to work compatible with them.
The module will detect if the page is AMP page (by AMP suffix), and generate amp carousel code.
I'll send you notification if we have any update on this feature.

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer

More
5 years 9 months ago #912 by Thanh Nguyen
Hello David,

I tried checking wpAMP plugin and I found that it enables users to load custom scripts.
So, You can use this feature to load AMP carousel script on AMP pages, then use custom HTML code to show carousel component on page.
It support 2 module positions on before and after content.

I guess that other AMP plugins also support the same features.

If you only want to display simple carousel on AMP pages, you can try above solution is that using custom HTML module + load carouse script, and no need 3rd party modules.

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer