Question regarding load sequence of Landing Page

More
7 years 2 months ago #555 by Mark
Dear Thanh,

the landing page plugin really seems to be the solution to my design problem, however I have a question regarding the display order of the website and the landing page on load:

in your video tutorial, the web site displays for a very short period before the landing page loads (this also happens every time the site is reloaded for testing the changes). When setting the displaying delay to "0", will the landing page load before the visitor will see the website? My objective is that when a visitor opens the website, they will be displayed with a landing page an not see the website behind it, not even for a tenth of a second. This is a crucial feature for me.

I hope you understand my question.

Looking forwards to your feedback & kind regards from southern Germany,
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #556 by Thanh Nguyen
Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting us.
Yes, you can configure landing page to display immediately on page load before a main page.
To achieve that you need to set value of "Displaying Delay" setting to 0 and set value of "Appear Effect" setting to "No Effect", as we configured for this demo
demo.joomlageek.com/landing-page/coming-soon

You can also try out it on our play demo site here play.joomlageek.com/administrator/ (Account: demo / demo)
Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions about our products :)

Best regards,
Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer

More
7 years 2 months ago #557 by Mark
Hi Thanh,

thanks for your quick reply. I have bought the plugin and installed it on my test site. Afterwards, I have configured the basic settings and created one landing page. The setting for display delay is set to "0", as well as the appear effect is set to "no effect". Furthermore, I have set access to "public" and order to "0 - Geek Landing Page". However, I can't get the test landing page to show up, it just seems like the settings are not recognized at all. Is there something like a "master switch" or something I was missing?

You're welcome to shift this topic to another forum, if you want. Also, if you want to have a look at my test site please let me know.
I appreciate your support.

Kind regards,
Mark

More
7 years 2 months ago #558 by Thanh Nguyen
Hi Mark,

Please open the "Manage Pages" tab and ensure that you have enabled sections that you want to display
www.joomlageek.com/documentation/plugin-...ngpage#manage-slides

And open the "Menu Assignment" tab and check if you assigned landing page to the web page that you tested.
www.joomlageek.com/documentation/plugin-...page#menu-assignment

If you have correct settings but landing page still does not display, please give me account to access your site for further checking, I'll help you to sort it out.

Best regards,
Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer

More
7 years 2 months ago #559 by Mark
Hi Thanh,

again - great to get such quick support from you. All mentioned customizing was set, however to no avail. I solved it by re-installing the plugin and re-doing the whole thing. Apparently, something went wrong the first time.... Sorry I can't point out what exactly was the problem, but I am happy the landing page works now.

Kind regards,
Mark

More
7 years 2 months ago #560 by Thanh Nguyen
It's great to hear your issue was resolved :)
Please feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer