Change the Geek Masthead font

More
7 years 1 month ago #586 by Gil Thompson
Just a general question to those of you who have a good handle on CSS. I would like to change the Masthead font to Times New Roman, Bold. I've tried some code in Custom.CSS in the template directory, but nothing changes. I won't pretend to know CSS code although changing the font should be easy enough. Maybe I'm putting the CSS code in the wrong place? Can anyone tell me where and what to change? Geek Masthead is perfect for what I need with the single exception of not being able to change the font.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #587 by Thanh Nguyen
Please give me your site url for checking, I'll help you to sort it out.

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer

More
7 years 1 month ago #588 by Gil Thompson
I placed Geek masthead on one of the pages of the website: marlboroughct.net/index.php/community
The masthead I'm trying to recreate is directly under geek masthead. Although I haven't tried it yet, I planned on putting the logo as a background image, which I'm assuming can be done without additional CSS.

More
7 years 1 month ago #589 by Thanh Nguyen
Hi,
you can add the css code snippet below at the bottom of the templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css to custom style for texts on masthead
Code:
#geek-masthead-155 > .inner h1, #geek-masthead-155 > .inner h2, #geek-masthead-155 > .inner h3, #geek-masthead-155 > .inner h4, #geek-masthead-155 > .inner h5, #geek-masthead-155 > .inner h6 { /*your custom style here*/ font-size: 36pt; font-family: times new roman,times; font-style: italic; } #geek-masthead-155 > .inner p { font-size: 14pt; font-family: times new roman,times; }

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer

More
7 years 1 month ago #590 by Gil Thompson
Thank you!! This is awesome. It works very well. The module is now 100% better than ever now that the fonts style/size can be changed.

More
7 years 1 month ago #591 by Thanh Nguyen
Yes, we will add a feature what allows user can set font style for texts of masthead on the next version of Geek Masthead module.

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer