Problems with display settings

More
7 years 11 months ago #319 by Matthias Hienzsch
hi guys!

the module doesn´t work with 2 columns on my site and i can´t resize the width. can you help me? my url is grinseln.de/news just scroll to the bottom

cheers matthias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #321 by Frede Jensen
I don't think its possible to expand the size further than approximately 575px, as this is a standard from facebook. How does it appear if you decrease it, to something like 300px?
What i suggest is to set the width to 575px, and then hopefully your theme will place it in the middle of the page, otherwise you'll just get empty space on either the left of the right side.
If it doesn't you cant edit the following file: "yoursite"\modules\mod_geekfacebookembed\assets\style.css.
As i'm not very experienced i any programming languages, i cannot tell you exactly how this is done, but try editing the padding: 10px to something else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thanh Nguyen

More
7 years 11 months ago #323 by Thanh Nguyen
Hi Matthias,

the module doesn´t work with 2 columns on my site and i can´t resize the width. can you help me? my url is grinseln.de/news just scroll to the bottom

I have just checked your site, the template that you used is not based on Bootstrap framework, thus the grid system will not work (because our extension use bootstrap grid system to split a columns).
So, to resolve this issue, please following step listed below to load bootstrap on your site.
1. Open the file
modules/mod_geekfacebookembed/mod_geekfacebookembed.php

2. Find the code snippet
Code:
JHtml::_('jquery.framework', true);

3. And add code snippet below right after it
Code:
JHtml::_('bootstrap.framework'); JHtml::_('bootstrap.loadCss', true);

Regarding width of posts issue, you only can set the width of post between 300px and 750px

Best regards,
Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthias Hienzsch

More
7 years 11 months ago #327 by Matthias Hienzsch
thank you! it works fine.