fileds mapping

More
5 years 9 months ago #911 by Thanh Nguyen
Replied by Thanh Nguyen on topic fileds mapping
Hello,

Yes, you can develop a content plugin to trigger on events before and after submission is saved

docs.joomla.org/Plugin/Events/Content#onContentBeforeSave
docs.joomla.org/Plugin/Events/Content#onContentAfterSave

With the context is "com_geekform.entry"

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #918 by Thanh Nguyen
Replied by Thanh Nguyen on topic fileds mapping
Hello,

After considering, we decided to not develop this feature because some reasons as follows:

- This feature will often be used by developers to integrate form with other 3rd party extensions / web services.
And for developers, using plugin to do integration is the way more flexible, since they can:
+ process user submission data to be compatible with 3rd party extensions before inserting.
+ insert data into multiple database tables.
+ ..
We updated documantion page for how to develop plugin to trigger on event data process, you can learn more here .
We also developed sample integration plugin, you can download and modify it for your use purpose.

- It's not safe to allow user to update database table via backend interface.
If someone accidently update WHERE clause of SQL statement in backend, it can cause serious errors of database or make website work incorrectly.
And issues related to database are always hard to fix and revert.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer

More
5 years 9 months ago #919 by Hervé
Replied by Hervé on topic fileds mapping
Hello,

If I understand correctly you do not want to do a field mapping. I hear your arguments, although as I said another component joomla the fact (and an addon to a wordpress plugin that has been used for over a year: codecanyon.net/item/super-forms-frontend -posting / 17092502).
I can understand that there may not be a sufficient market!

The most important, because it may interest me for several use cases is that I hope you can help me integrate this plugin with DPcalendar, for the creation of an event

Good night